The Technology 4 Young Adults (T4YA) Project is a follow on from the Technology In Later Life (TILL) Project. However, the T4YA project differs from TILL in so much as, the age of participants and study design. T4YA primarily focuses on the impact of ICTs in the lives of Millennials (18-35 years) living in UK.
Aims & Objectives:
SO1: Conduct a small-scale study (Technology 4 Young Adults – T4YA) focusing on adults aged 18-35 years and to explore the following points:
1. Perceptions of technology, Internet and social media behaviour, quantified self(QS) and/or life-logging behaviour, privacy issues, sharing of information and quality of life/health.
2. What are the needs and requirements of this age demographic (for the future – ageing) and what aspects should researchers, designers and developers consider for future technological developments?
3. Explore technology behaviour and use through various outlets and to explore their decision making.
4. Explore and discuss what future technologies this group may perceive, need or want in the coming decades from a social standpoint, health and quality of life.
5. To explore and ascertain the barriers and challenges to accessing and using technology by young people.
For more information about the Technology 4 Young Adults (T4YA) Project please contact Dr Hannah R. Marston