Events & Activities
Below we have a variety of events and activities which were either organised/hosted by the SRA and/or attended by members of the SRA.
Event #1 – MK Innovates Festival (October 2019)
The festival showcased Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics excellence in Milton Keynes on 11th October 2019.
Open University’s Health and Wellbeing Priority Research Area hosted a stand to showcase the breadth and depth of our research.
A few pictures posted here from the day.
SRA Seminar & Video Series
The SRA moved to pre-recording seminars by guest speakers because we wanted to attract a wider variety of presentations and offer our members and colleagues the opportunity to rewatch presentations where possible.
Seminar Series 2020-2021:
- Mx Evelyn Callahan (The Open University): Community Involvement in Healthcare Research
- Professor Kelly Niles Yokum (La Verne University, California, USA): Adventures in Aging: Gerontological Opportunities and Challenges in a New Era
- Dr Shannon Freeman (University of Northern British Columbia, Canada): forthcoming
- Dr Deborah J. Morgan (Swansea University, UK): forthcoming
Seminar Series 2019-2020:
- Professor Joost van Hoof (The Hague University of Applied Sciences in The Hague): Age-friendly cities in the Netherlands
- Dr Linda Shore (University of Limerick): Perceptions & Technology Acceptance of Exoskeletons by Older Adults
- Dr Amy Murray (Swansea University): Driving cessation in later life
- Dr David Lee (Manchester Metropolitan University): Sex and intimacy in later life, challenges for research & practice
Seminar Series 2018-2019:
- Dr Christian Beech (Swansea University): Policy, Process and Personalities: An Exploration of Interprofessional Working with Risk and Older People within a Multidisciplinary Team
- Professor Claire de Than (City of London University): “Rights, Life, Death and Fun”
- Mr David Sharp (Binary Asylum): University & Industry Partnerships: Models, Impacts and Perspectives
The OU turning 50th:
The video series relates to the 50th Birthday celebrations of the Open University. Two of our colleagues Lynne Watson, and Dr Rebecca Jones talk about their current Health and Wellbeing Research and as it is 50 years since the OU opened its doors, we take a look at some of the exciting research that is conducted by colleagues and members of the SRA. By undertaking to facilitate the vision of Walter Perry, the founding Vice Chancellor of the OU which in turn relates to the high quality research as much as to high quality teaching.
Click below to listen to Lynne and Rebecca talk about Health and Wellbeing Research