- This event has passed.
PRA Seminar Series – Carmen Miranda Duro on Accessibility, ICT, Functional Diversity and Active Ageing
September 19 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
María del Carmen Miranda Duro is an occupational therapist, doctoral student at the University of Coruña and member of the research group RNASA-IMEDIR.
Accessibility, ICT, Functional Diversity and Active Ageing
Carmen’s PhD forms part of the GeriaTIC project, which is funded by the Galican Innovation Agency (GAIN) through the PEME Connect Program (3rd edition) (IN852A 2016/10). This culminates from the consolidation and structuring of competitive research of the University System of Galicia of the Xunta de Galicia (R2014 / 039) and the Singular Centers (ED431G / 01) grant, endowed with FEDER funds of the European Union. More information can be found via the following website www.geriatic.udc.es.
The main objective of the study is to determine the impact on the quality of life of a multifactorial intervention program implemented with older institutionalised people who are at risk of falling. The objectives are:
- To encourage the reduction of symptoms and signs after suffering a fall.
- To analyse the changes produced after the interventions in the occupations of the participants
- To encourage the use of technological devices in the daily lives of older people especially for the empowerment and management of their own health.
- To promote a greater active responsibility of the elderly in their health and ageing process.
The intervention designed in this study consists of a multifactorial program with an estimated duration of 6-months which will include the following parts:
- To use a physical and sleep recording bracelet,
- To use a web application via tablets for registration of occupations, performance of physical activity and relaxation, and
- To offer advice on habits and routines, as well as changes in the environment.
After the initial 6 months have been completed, the assessment scales will be administered again, followed by a 3-month follow-up in which people on a self-contained basis should include in their day-to-day activities during the intervention.
To register please click here for Eventbrite.